Emeritus Professor of Old Testament, 2011. He served as Professor of Old Testament from 1981-2011.
- God and Government: Biblical Principles for Today. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2011.
- The Urim and Thummim. A Means of Revelation in Ancient Israel. Rev. Th.D. diss. Winona Lake, Ind.: Eisenbrauns, 1997.
- The Elder: Today's Ministry Rooted in All of Scripture. Phillipsburg: P&R, 2009.
- Fathers and Mothers at Home and at School. (Essays on Education and Language). Reformed Guardian, New Series No. 8. Kelmscott, Western Australia: Reformed Guardian, 2000.
- Perspectives on Worship, Law and Faith: the Old Testament Speaks Today. Kelmscott, Western Australia: Pro Ecclesia, 2000.
- Divorce and Remarriage in the light of Old Testament Principles and their Application in the New Testament. Winnipeg: Premier, 1996.
- "When Brothers Dwell in Unity" [Ps 133]. In The Challenge of Church Union, ed. C. Van Dam, 201-212. Winnipeg: Premier, 1993.
- "The Meaning of bishegaga." In Unity in Diversity, ed. R. Faber, 13-24. Hamilton: The Senate of the Theological College of the Canadian Reformed Churches, 1989.
- G.W. Bromiley, ed., The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, vol. 4. Rev. ed. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1988.
- W. Elwell, ed., Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology. Grand Rapids: Baker, 1996;
- W. Van Gemeren, ed. The New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology 5 vols. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1997.
- and T. Desmond Alexander and David W. Baker, eds. Dictionary of the Old Testament: Pentateuch. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 2003.