What is a satellite conference?
Various locations in Canada will be commemorating the 450th anniversary of the Heidelberg Catechism at the same time, and along with, the main conference which is taking place in Burlington, ON.
Two keynote speeches, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday morning, will be simulcast via the Internet to the satellite locations. In addition, at the satellite locations those attending the conference will take part in various workshop discussions about the Catechism, just like at the main conference.
Also, most satellite conferences will include a time of informal fellowship during which the blessing of the Heidelberg Catechism can be discussed with brothers and sisters in the Lord.
Which keynote speeches will be simulcast?
- Friday evening - Dr. Herman Selderhuis (Apeldoorn, NL) "The Heidelberg Catechism: The Secret of Its Success"
- Saturday morning - Dr. Jason Van Vliet (Hamilton, ON) "The Comforted I in the Catechism"
What are the workshop topics?
The topics are the same as in Burlington. They are:
- The Catechism & Mission Work
- The Catechism & the Church-Home-School
- The Catechism & the Pulpit
- The Catechism & the Next Generations
Which areas are hosting satellite conferences?
To date the following locations have expressed the intention to host a satellite conference:
- Ottawa, Ontario Click here for more information.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba Click here for more information.
- Edmonton, Alberta Click here for more information.
- Coaldale, Alberta Click here for more information.
- Vernon, British Columbia Click here for more information.
- Fraser Valley, British Columbia Click here for more information.
- Denver, Colorado Click here for more information.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
As more details become available (e.g., precise times and location), this information will be posted here. Please check back in the future.
Click here to return to the main conference.