Application Process for the Diploma of Theological Studies Program
Students applying for admission to the Diploma of Theological Studies program need to supply the following:
1. A completed application form. Please fill in the application form online. Please note that you will be required to pay a $50 application fee before you can click 'Submit'.
2. An autobiographical letter (about 1500 words). Please tell us about yourself using your own expressions and style, and in one way or another answer the following questions:
Who are you as a person?
Why are you applying to CRTS in particular?
What does the Reformed faith mean to you?
What has been your involvement in the local church?
What have been some of your most significant learning experiences?
Applicants are also asked to disclose any serious medical conditions in their autobiographical letter. This information is important to ensure that CRTS prepares to meet, as much as feasible, each student's physical, mental, and emotional needs. The institution wishes to ensure that its facilities and environment promote the progress of all students. This letter should be sent in electronically with your application form.
3. An attestation.
(a) Members of the Canadian Reformed Churches or one of their sister churches must submit a good attestation issued by the consistory of the church of which the applicant has been a recent member and for an extended period of time.
(b) Members of other churches must provide two references from qualified persons (see item # 3 below). Applicants from other churches should be aware that they will be asked to declare that they agree with the basis of the Seminary, being the infallible Word of God as interpreted by the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism and the Canons of Dordt.
4. Letters of reference. Two references must be provided on your application form. For members of the Canadian Reformed Church or one of its sister churches, an attestation takes the place of one of the references. The Registrar's Office will contact your references directly.
5. Official academic transcripts of all work done beyond high school. Note that these transcripts must be sent directly from the academic institution to CRTS.
6. International applicants should take note of additional regulations regarding their situation.
The completed application form should be submitted with the other required documents to the Registrar before March 15th of the year in which admission is sought (Jan. 31st for international students).
Once an application is started, the applicant has 6 months to complete it. Applications not submitted within 6 months will be deemed abandoned and will be deleted from the system.
If you have any questions or encounter any technical difficulties, please contact the Registrar's Office.