The Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary is an institution of the Canadian Reformed Churches and is supported by them financially. This financial support, together with the generous support of the Free Reformed Churches of Australia and many other donors, keeps the cost of attending CRTS very low.

Tuition Fee Schedule

The following fees apply for the 2024-2025 academic year: 

Full-time Students from the CanRC or FRCA: M. Div. - $3,500 per year; B.Th. - $3,300 per year; Dip. Th. - $3,200 per year

Full-time Students from other denominations: M. Div. - $4,200 per year; B.Th. - $4,100 per year; Dip. Th. - $4,000 per year

Part-time Students: $150 per credit

Auditors: $50 per credit

Tuition fees are due during the first week of the semester for the current semester and should be remitted to the Administration Office.

Application Fee

There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $50. Payment of the application fee does not guarantee acceptance into a CRTS program.

Cost of Living

In addition to the tuition fees, students are responsible for the cost of living and book purchases. More information about cost of living amounts can be found here.

Financial Aid

CRTS does not offer any scholarships or financial aid. However, members of the Canadian Reformed Churches may apply for financial aid through the Needy Student Fund of the Canadian Reformed Churches. Please contact the Registrar for more information.

Tuition Refund Policy

Refund of tuition for the semester in which a student is currently enrolled will be made only based on the withdrawal authorization form from the Registrar's office as follows:

After commencement of classes:

  • 0-5 days, 75% will be refunded
  • 6-15 days, 50% will be refunded
  • 16-20 days, 25% will be refunded
  • Over 20 days, no refund entitlement

The withdrawal date is determined by the latest of the following:

  • The date the student begins the withdrawal process of providing official notification, oral or written.
  • The date the student stops attending classes.

A student who wishes to withdraw must contact the Registrar to initiate and complete the appropriate paperwork.